The resin coating over the mesh gives the steel outstanding anti-corrosive properties whilst still maintaining durability and flexibility creating a product that will stand the test of time. Main features of the resin-coated mesh include:
- The resin coating has high adhesion force with steel
- The resin coating has good chemical stability
- The resin coating has good toughness and wear-resisting properties
- It is widely used in highly corrosive environments
- Life expectancy of 20 years, pending installation and mining conditions
Similar resin products are currently being used throughout the world for the construction of bridges, airports, highways, railways, break walls for oceans, marine structures, reservoirs, hydropower stations, swimming pools, sewerage treatment plants, slope protections, and the list continues.
The epoxy resin is applied as a granular powder which is sprayed on the steel to obtain consistency for coverage. Coupled with the high bake temperature, the product has increased properties. The resin thickness is applied between 0.15 to 0.2mm.